Wright Residential (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Paul Buamah of Wright Residential.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Paul Buamah.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site Wright Residential (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Wright Residential, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. When a call is recorded we collect – a recording of the conversation – your phone number.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information collated for your organisation if your access to our training suite or suites has been provided by your employer or a charity who you provide voluntary support for.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Wright Residential or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Privacy Notice – How we use personal information
- We promiseto keep your information safe.
- We promise not to sell it
- We give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
- We keep a record of when and how we get consents and what you were told at the time.
HOW THE LAW PROTECTS YOU
The law says we must have one or more of these reasons to collect your data
- To fulfil a contract with you
- When it is our legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest (which we must define)
- When you consent.
Transparency means you have the right to be informed about how we will use your data.
GROUPS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FINANCIAL – Your financial position, status and history
CONTACT – Where you live and how to contact you
SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC – Details about your work, nationality, education (especially students)
TRANSACTIONAL – Details of payments you make to us
CONTRACTUAL – Details about the products or services we provide to you
COMMUNICATIONS – What we learn about you from letters, emails and conversations between us.
OPEN DATA AND PUBLIC RECORDS – E.g Electoral Information, Internet, Newspapers
DOCUMENTARY DATA – E.g copies of ID.
CONSENTS – How you agree we can contact you
NATIONAL IDENTIFIERS – E.g. National Insurance Number
We collect Data from Third Parties such as social networks, fraud prevention agencies, public information services.
WE MAY SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH:
- HMRC , Regulators and other authorities
- Credit Reference Agencies
- Fraud Prevention Agencies
- Any party linked to you ( e.g. Joint Tenant)
- Workmen needing to enter your house
- Companies you ask us to share data with ( e.g. Credit Reference Agencies)
- If you use direct debits we will share your data with the Direct Debit scheme.
- Future landlords and letting agents who contact us for a reference at the end of your tenancy
- If we sell our business we will only do this if they agree to keep your information safe.
CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES
We will share information with CRA’s and they will give us information about you. The data we exchange can include
- Name , address date of birth
- Application form details
- Financial situation and history
- Public Information
We will use this information to
- Assess if you can afford the property
- Make sure what you have told us is the truth
- Help detect and prevent fraud
- Track and recover debts
On a joint tenancy, CRA’s may link your data to other joint tenants. You can ask CRA’s to break the link but you normally have to prove you no longer have a financial link with them.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE DATA WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO OFFER YOU A TENANCY.
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION:
- We will keep it as long as you are a client
- After you stop being a client we may keep data for up to 10 years for one or more of the following reasons :-
To respond to questions or complaints or
To show why we have treated you fairly or
For historical research and statistical purposes.
In the case of legal action of any kind
You can access personal information by writing to us at (Wright Residential, 176 Chillingham road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 5BU) .You can also ask us to correct any information you believe to be incorrect. We do not have to provide information where the request is disproportionate or has already been given previously .
WHAT IF YOU ASK US TO STOP USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
This is also known as “The right to be forgotten”. There may be legal or other reasons why we need to keep or use your data. In such cases we can restrict the use of your data to legal claims or to exercise legal rights.
YOU CAN WITHDRAW CONSENT BY WRITING TO US AT (WRIGHT RESIDENTIAL, 176 CHILLINGHAM ROAD, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE6 5BU)
YOU CAN COMPLAIN TO US IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH HOW WE HAVE USED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AT (WRIGHT RESIDENTIAL, 176 CHILLINGHAM ROAD, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE6 5BU)
YOU CAN ALSO COMPLAIN TO THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE AT WWW.ICO.ORG.UK FIND OUT ON THEIR WEBSITE HOW TO REPORT A CONCERN.
VITAL INTERESTS – We can pass on details in an emergency e.g. medical care if you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
We supply a copy of information free of charge. We can charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded, or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. We may charge a fee where we have already supplied the information.
We must supply information without delay and in any event within one month. This can be extended by up to 2 months if during that month the request is considered complex and/or numerous, and if we do we have to explain why.
We must verify the identity of the person making the request using “reasonable means”
DATA PROTECTION IMPACT ASSESSMENT
This will allow an organisation to identify and fix problems at an early stage.
Further guidance see ICO Conducting privacy impact assessments code of Practice.